How is PPHI Financed?
The PPHI is an out of box management innovation and believe that there are sufficient funds available with Government and problem lies in efficient utilization. Therefore, there is no component of donor funding is involved into it. All transfers are in the form of single line transfers or Grant in aid There are three different sources of funding to PPHI Sindh and these are:-
What are Operational Arrangements for PPHI, Sindh?
1) The PPHI is placed under the direct supervision of Prime Minister of Pakistan as his special Initiative through Cabinet Division. The National Program Director, FSU (Federal Support Unit) is over all National in charge of this Program report to the Cabinet Division, Government of Pakistan and to the National Steering Committee.
2) The National Steering Committee headed by the Chairman, monitor and reviews the progress of the Program and also takes policy decisions. The committee is represented by Finance Division, NRB, Health, Population Welfare and Rural Support Program Network etc.
3) The Provincial Steering Committee headed by the Chief Secretary, Sindh represented by Health, Finance, DCOs and others to review and monitor the Programme on quarterly basis.
4) The Provincial Support Units are housed with respective Rural Support Program- in case of Sindh; it is Sindh Rural Support Organization. The BOD of SRSO provide umbrella to the Program, give approval to the budget and forward audited accounts to all stakeholders.
5) The District Support Unit led by District Support Manager look after the management of FLHFs, supply medicine, constitute Community Support Group at each Health Facility and hold frequent meetings with them, appoint doctors and paramedical staff, do the clustering for appointment of Medical Officer and Female Medical officers etc.
6) The Provincial PDs, DSMs are selected from amongst the Superior Services Officers, ex-PCS and PSS cadre on the basis of their integrity and reputation.
7) The Resource Group comprises of widely respected specialists in every service that the BHU is expected to deliver. RG is responsible to guide on technical issues such as list of medicines to be used etc.