Lady Health Workers Training on CMAM & IYCF by PPHI

Under PINS Project, PPHI Sindh, District Tando Muhammad Khan conducted range of training events at various locations for LHWs and LHSs of district TMK on Nutrition, CMAM & IYCF. PPHI Sindh, District Tando Muhammad Khan is implementing Nutrition Project with Title of "Program for Improved Nutrition in Sindh (PINS) through CMAM and IYCF approach with funding of European Union.

In primary health care settings, frontline health workers play a vital role in addressing the disease burden in Sindh. The number of trained frontline health workers has always been low. In order to achieve SDGs, strengthen primary health care system and achieve Universal Health Coverage, LHWs play a key role. LHWs are expected to be agents of change within their covered areas by providing integrated preventative and curative health services to their community. So, it was necessary to capacitate LHWs on Nutrition Intervention, in order to detect early cases of severe acute malnourished children at community level to refer them at concerned OTP (Out Therapeutic Patient) site immediately and to aware communities about under lying causes of malnutrition and its prevention.

According to findings of censes 2017 the total population of the District is 677,228, out of total population 62% is covered by LHWs while remaining 38% is uncovered. These facts and figures are endorsed by DoH officials at district level. It was keenly observed by worthy Deputy Commissioner (DC) Tando Muhammad Khan during DCCN meetings that, referrals from LHWs are comparatively very low. He directed to Officials of health department to ensure 100% referrals from LHWs' side and he assigned PPHI to arrange training for capacity building of all LHWs in the district.

Total 377 LHWs out of 390 successfully participated in the training, similarly, 9 LHSs out of 10 successfully participated in the training. All necessary arrangements like; lunch, tea, stationery and handouts of training material were arranged by PPHI District Office Tando Muhammad Khan PINS Project. Total 14 batches of training were taken placed and each training session comprised on One Day.

To download the list, please click here.

News & Events