PPHI Sindh participates in First Public Health Conference 2019
PPHI Sindh participated in the 'First Public Health Conference 2019' organized by Jinnah Sindh Medical University's APPNA Institute of Public Health on 6 April 2019. The theme of the conference was 'Universal Health Coverage: Everyone Everywhere'.
Mr. Abdul Wahab Soomro, CEO PPHI Sindh, presented on 'PPHI Sindh: an introduction' during the opening ceremony of the conference. He also talked about the evidence-based interventions implemented by PPHI Sindh to reduce maternal mortality rate including Family Planning initiatives.
PPHI Sindh's technical team had submitted six papers out of which three were selected for oral presentations and two for poster presentations. The topics selected are as below:
1. Increasing SBAs (skilled birth attendants) births in Improving MCH Services in 300 BHU Plus health facilities in Sindh: Experience from PPHI Sindh; authored by Dr. Zaib Dahar - Senior Technical Advisor, and co-authored by Ms. Samina Bakhtawar - Master Trainer.
2. Impact of Pay for Performance (P4P) Intervention on the provision of health care services in PPHI Sindh authored by
3. Prevalence and Determinants of Child Undernutrition in Rural Sindh, Pakistan authored by Dr. Jahanzaib Sohail - Deputy Director Immunization.
1. Exploring Social Determinants of Maternal and Perinatal Mortality through Death Audit Form: preliminary results from PPHI Sindh's Audit Forms initiative to improve maternal and child survival authored by Ms. Samina Bakhtawar and co-authored Dr. Zaib Dahar.
2. Management of PSBI cases and their outcomes among young infants: where referral is not possible authored by Mr. Asher Feroz - Manager Research, Dr. Zamir Suhag - Director Research, Dr. A. Sattar Chandio - Senior Director Health Services and Dr. Owais Raza, Deputy Director Research.
All the participants were presented with a certificate.